More reasons to hate MySpace
February 1, 2008 2 Comments
I’m sure we all have our top 5 reasons to hate MySpace. Here were mine, before I learned that they deleted an atheist/agnostic group for no reason other than that Christian users were offended:
1. It’s ridiculously ugly.
2. It’s ridiculously annoying.
3. The typical MySpace user is ridiculously annoying, and probably ugly.
4. I kind of dislike (archetypal) social networking sites in general, and MySpace was one of the first.
5. It’s so ugly that it deserves to be on here twice.
Now let me add to the top of the list:
1. It is a bastion of intolerance.*
If you have an account on MySpace and you value the freedoms of speech and assembly, I urge you to find an alternative.
* I realize my top 5 list comes across as pretty intolerant. :) Mostly I just think it’s an ugly site and if people can stand to use it then they must have pretty low standards. Plus Rupert Murdoch is pretty evil.